Thursday, December 19, 2013

6 months, holy moly!

According to most sources, the third trimester doesn't "begin" until 27 weeks or somewhere around that time. However, from what I've heard and read about what the third trimester FEELS like, I'm either right up in it or the transition period into said trimester begins three weeks out. Either way, my blissful second trimester buzz seems to be waning fast. Sad face :(

Good things about the current moment in pregnancy time: Baby Bean is moving and kicking like crazy and it's forceful enough that Tyler can feel him. We can't yet see protrusions moving in and around my belly but I'm sure those days aren't far away at the rate he seems to be growing. Other good things: I can't keep up with how quickly my hair and nails are growing. Well, I'm not sure if this is good or bad because now my roots show much faster than usual so I'm contemplating a color touch-up only five weeks after the last round (usually I wait 8 weeks or more). 

Workouts are hit and miss due to the waning energy levels. Some days I feel great and manage to get a great cardio or lift session in, while other days I literally only run my one mile and call it quits. Overall though, I've been very pleased that my lifting workouts are consistently high-quality. I'm pretty sure I have more muscle mass now than six months ago when I was still high in cardio-land from tri training and admittedly not as consistent with weight time. I wouldn't say pregnancy is the ideal time to build muscle mass, but it's certainly not a time to lose what you've already built. In my case, the addition of consistency with an already decent base has equated to what I consider to be an overall improvement in my muscle mass. Side note: although I can no longer do one legit pull-up, I'm chalking that up to the fact that I'm about 12 pounds heavier and counting :)

Now that school's out for the semester and I have a few weeks off, the plan is to A- organize our guest bedroom closets so our nursery closet can be cleaned out for B3, B- paint the nursery, C- register for stuff. And no, I don't know what kind of crib we are buying or where we are buying it from, or which kind of diapers we plan to use, yadda yadda yadda. I plan to finish reading Baby Bargains and then we will scope out choices ourselves. That is, of course, considering that this tired headache exhaustion doesn't get the best of me and I spend the entirety of my holiday break sleeping... ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment